Whatever springs to my eyes, jumps to my face, slaps my brains and takes me by surprise may appear here.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Shall one censor another?

Well... I read a blog about censorship this morning and found the following statement:

"I discovered that some men and women are still asking themselves if censorship is good or bad. As a free thinker I am bound to believe that censorship should be banished and all thoughts should be freely exposed" (...) "Anyone could express themselves freely within my pages as long as this expression does not go against what is commonly defined as acceptable".

I found this statement especially funny because it assumes that censorship should be prohibited and at the same time justifies it.

It justifies the use of censorship to filter what is acceptable and expose it while what is unacceptable is therefore erased and what is below what common sense would tell remains hidden.

The first question is what was censorship created for?

Censorship was possibly created to protect people from sick thoughts...
Or was it created to protect people from thoughts alltogether?

In any case my question is:

Isn't it abuse of censorship that should be banished more than censorship itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home